If you are a going to be enrolled for the 2018-2019 academic year and a member in good standing of the UIVA, you are eligible to run for UIVA elected office. If you are interested or for more information, please contact Matthew Miller at email@example.com.
- President: The duties of the Commanding Officer include calling and chairing all meetings, preparing the agendas, representing the official position of the organization to the University and all external individuals and groups, delegating responsibilities, and any other duties that the membership might assign.
- Vice President: The Executive Officer shall fulfill the duties assigned by the President. In case of a vacancy in the President, the Vice President will assume the duties of the President until a special election can be held to fill the President position. The Vice President serves in an advisory role to the President. The Vice President shall be the oversee and manage all Committee Chairs.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall fulfill duties assigned by the President or Vice President, manage tasks assigned to other executive Council members, and to assume the duties of Vice President in case of vacancy. The Secretary shall record and keep the minutes of all meetings and shall make those minutes available to any member upon request. The Secretary shall make and distribute copies of the minutes according to policy established by the elected officers. The Secretary shall be responsible for gathering, keeping, and reading all data collected about the organization
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall handle all financial transactions, keep the financial records of the organization, ensure the organization is meeting all University policies, and federal and state laws. The Treasurer will also make periodic reports to membership. The Treasurer shall fulfill other duties as assigned by the President, Vice President, or Secretary.
- Director of Communications: The Director of Communications shall fulfill duties assigned by the President or Vice President, manage tasks assigned to other executive Council members. The Director of Communications shall be responsible for all marketing and strategic communications. Director of Communications shall be responsible for the maintenance and design of the organization’s website and social media accounts. Director of Communications will work closely with local media outlets to distribute media content for all of the organizations events.
- UISG Liaison: The UISG Liaison shall serve as a representative for the UIVA to the UISG and the UISG Diversity Liaison.