Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grant (NGEAP) Deadline for Application is July 1, 2017
The Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grant (NGEAP) provides annual awards to Iowa National Guard members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities. Maximum individual awards cannot exceed the current average resident tuition rate at Iowa Regent Universities. The Iowa Adjutant General determines eligibility.
- Iowa resident
- Member of an Iowa Army or Air National Guard unit for each term the member receives benefits
- Satisfactorily complete required Guard training
- Maintain satisfactory performance of Guard duty
- Pursue a certificate or undergraduate degree at an eligible Iowa college or university (students with BA degrees are not eligible to participate even if pursuing a second BA degree) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Note: A qualified individual cannot receive an NGEAP award for more than 120 semester credit hours or the equivalent (effective July 1, 2015) of undergraduate study.